Most Senior Matters offerings are held in Room 33 at The Senior Center in Carbondale. Consult our calendar for exact locations.
Senior Matters welcomes input from seniors and others regarding what activities would be of interest to you. Please email your suggestions/ideas for program offerings to email@example.com or call Diane Johnson at 970-306-2587.
- Tai Chi is offered as follows: John Norton teaches Mondays and Wednesdays from
9 am - 10 am (8:30 am for beginners) in the Third Street Center Calaway room. John Norton teaches Healing Chi Gung Fridays at 11:00 am at the Carbondale Recreation Center. There is a nominal cost to the classes. Please contact John Norton for more information at
970-379-1375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Martin Finklestein teaches Tai Chi on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm Beginners Level and 5:30 - 7:00 pm Level 2, all at Third Street Center gymnasium. There is a nominal cost to the classes. Please contact Martin Finklestein for more information at
970-948-9379 or email@example.com.
- Monthly Book Club meets the fourth Wednesday of every month at the Carbondale Library
at 4 pm. The group picks a book to read and then meets to discuss their opinions. This is a great way to broaden your reading list in a fun setting.
- Watch for JoAnn Anderson's Technology classes in the Carbondale Library on Saturdays at
10 am. She provides group instruction one Saturday and is available to work one on one the following Saturday for people who need additional help.
- Food for Thought Care Giver Support is offered on the third Wednesday of each month from
1 pm - 3 pm. Call Diane Johnson at 970-306-2587 if you are interested in more information.
- Bridge Club meets at Senior Matter on Wednesday evenings at 6 pm. Tables are currently
full but call Beth Mohsenin at 970-963-0227 to see if a table has become available or can
- Roaring Fork Brain Train: Please click here for more information about the Roaring Fork Brain Train!
A schedule of events is located on our calendar page.