Senior Matters Programs
Most Senior Matters offerings are held in Room 33 The Senior Center at the Third Street Center in Carbondale.
We need input from seniors and others as to what activities would interest our seniors. We would like you to email our Program Committee member listed under "Contact Us," and tell them what you would like to see us develop for you.
The site will be used in the future for the weekly senior luncheons sponsored by Garfield County and the State of Colorado.
- Tai Chi is offered by John Norton from 9-10 Mondays and Fridays in the Calaway room and at the Carbondale Rec Center on Fridays at 11-noon. Marten Finklstein instructs on Tues and Thursday fron 5:30 to 6:30. in the round room or room 33.
- Monthly Book Club meets the third Tuesday at 11:30am at the Senior Center. The group picks a book to read and then meets to discuss their opinions. This is a great way to broaden your reading list in a fun setting.
- Sherri Gaynor of Creative Spark Studio is presenting a class in Visual Storytelling from June 6th-27th from 10-11:30am. They will meet in Room15 of the Third Street Center. Seniors will develop a personal artistic journal that will incorporate images, text and memories using simple art and writing techniques. The class costs $25, but senior scholarships are available. Contact Sherri at 970-618-0561 for more information. The class size is limited to 8 students. Registration deadline is June 4th!!!
- Senior Matters Yoga will begin Tuesday, June 7th. A joint effort between Senior Matters and Transformation Yoga Studio at 449 Main Street in Carbondale. Sessions will be on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:45 to 11:45am. Senior Matters Yoga is an all levels Hatha yoga, which includes using chairs and unique props to support yoga postures. Transformation's studio provides a safe and fun place to experience quality yoga with instructors who have specialized training in yoga for Seniors. The cost is $10 per session. For more information, call 970-309-6911.
- Watch for more information about the upcoming Roaring Fork Brain Train!
Some of the ideas we are working on include: Wii exercise and tournaments; health lectures; and other classes.
We want you to make suggestions as to what you want Senior Matters to offer. Your input is very important to us, so tell us what things you want. Email your ideas to email@example.com.