Senior Matters Programs
Most Senior Matters offerings are held in Room 33 The Senior Center at the Third Street Center in Carbondale. This is also the portal to a number of venue offerings at the TSC.
We need input from seniors and others as to what activities would interest our seniors. We would like you to email our Program Committee member listed under "Contact Us," and tell us what you would like to see developed for you.
The site will be used in the future for the weekly senior luncheons sponsored by Garfield County and the State of Colorado.
- Tai Chi ChiCung is offered by John Norton from 9-10 Mondays and Wednsdays in the Calaway room and Friday at the Carbondale Rec Center from 11:30-12:30.
- Marten Finklstein instructs on Tues and Thursday from 5:30 to 6:30. in the round room or room 33 and in Sopris park during the warm summer season.
- Monthly Book Club meets the third Tuesday at 11:30am at the Senior Center. The group picks a book to read and then meets to discuss their opinions. This is a great way to broaden your reading list in a fun setting.
- Watch for JoAnn Andersons SmartPhone classes in the Library on Saturdays at 10am. She teaches to the group one on one Saturday and works one on one one the next to sink it in.
- Memory Loss, Care Giver Support, is offered on the 4th Wednsdays in the evening Call Diane Johnson at 970-306-2587
- The bridge Club meets here on Wednsday evening a 6pm. Tables are full but call Beth Mohsenin 963-0227 to see if a table is available or can be added.
- Click here for more information about the Roaring Fork Brain Train!
Some of the ideas we are developing are enhanced care for Early Memory Loss and reprieve for caregivers, to be launched in July.
We want you to make suggestions as to what you want Senior Matters to offer. Your input is very important to us, so tell us what things you want. Email your ideas to email@example.com. or call DianeJ at 970-306-2587